Clube Nora Roberts

Por favor Entre ou registe-se.

Autor Tópico: Origin in Death  (Lida 6021 vezes)

Offline fapmoreno

• Bibliófilo
  • live the life you love, love the life you live
    • Ver Perfil
    • O Labirinto dos Livros
Re: Origin in Death
« Responder #15 em: Maio 08, 2011, 23:36:50 pm »
Já comecei a ler o Origin In Death. Coitadinha da rapariga, apenas com 5 anos, só quer agradar o homem e tem um destino tão triste!  :(
Filipa Moreno.

Offline sonia.cristina

• Bibliófilo
  • Recicla. O mundo é o nosso jardim.
    • Ver Perfil
« Responder #16 em: Maio 09, 2011, 04:41:10 am »
Já comecei a ler o Origin In Death. Coitadinha da rapariga, apenas com 5 anos, só quer agradar o homem e tem um destino tão triste!  :(

O início, não é? Só esse prólogo já me deixou em lágrimas...  :'( :'(
You never needed to hear my thoughts, Gray, because you always listened to my heart.
Dillon to Gray, in Eternal Beast, by Laura Wright

Offline fapmoreno

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
    • O Labirinto dos Livros
« Responder #17 em: Maio 09, 2011, 04:59:24 am »
Pois é, é um prólogo mesmo muito triste.  :(
Já começo a achar que o Wilfred pai deve ser lá o chefe duma organização qualquer! Estou curiosa é para saber o que é que ele faz às raparigas e qual é o objectivo.

Sónia, tu tens as edições da Piatkus, não é?
Bem, eu tenho as edições da Berkley e neste livro, o Roarke oferece à Eve um casaco de cabedal comprido. Achei piada porque é um casaco igual ao que a autora veste como imagem de J.D.Robb e que aparecem na contracapa dos livros da Berkley.

A imagem é esta :

Agora, sempre que imagino a Eve com o casaco que o Roarke lhe deu, vou à contracapa. Mas substituo a cara da Robb, pela "minha" cara da Eve.

Neste livro, há também um questionário bónus com 10 perguntas, para auferirmos se somos uma Eve, uma Mavis ou uma Peabody...
Eu já fiz e parece que estou empatada entre ser uma Eve e uma Peabody!  ;D ;D
Filipa Moreno.

Offline sonia.cristina

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
« Responder #18 em: Maio 09, 2011, 05:06:17 am »
A maioria dos meus livros é Piatkus mas também tenho alguns Berkley. Já conheço essa foto da JD Robb, acho que é a tentar "imitar" a Eve, mas nunca gostei dessa foto... Não tem nada a ver com a Eve, apesar do cabelo curto, ser magra e do cabelo comprido.

Para mim, é como se a Eve existisse mesmo e ver a autora a imitá-la mexe-me com os nervos... Uma estupidez, mas é o que sinto.
You never needed to hear my thoughts, Gray, because you always listened to my heart.

Offline fapmoreno

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
    • O Labirinto dos Livros
« Responder #19 em: Maio 09, 2011, 05:12:02 am »
Eu percebo-te!
Mas, por acaso nunca me fez confusão, porque não vejo como imitação. Ou melhor, nem penso na fotografia. Só me lembrei agora, por causa da prenda do Roarke!
Filipa Moreno.

Offline sonia.cristina

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
« Responder #20 em: Maio 09, 2011, 05:13:04 am »
Que tipo de perguntas vem no questionário?

Dificilmente ias ser uma Mavis, né? lol

Offline fapmoreno

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
    • O Labirinto dos Livros
« Responder #21 em: Maio 09, 2011, 05:44:31 am »
Are You an Eve, a Peabody, or a Mavis? - Part 1

1. Are you a good friend?

a) Man. Friends are tough - they have these lives they're always wanting to tell you about, and they're always trying to get you to talk about your feelings. It's a hassle, and sometimes I think life was easier when I was a loner. But I'd die for my friends, and I think they know it.

b) For sure! I rock at friendship. I know, I look like I'm all twinkle and no substance, but I'm totally mag at saying the right thing at the right time. Plus, I can pretty much make anyone smile, no matter what!

c) My closest friends are all work people, and sometimes it can be hard to switch back and forth between personal and professional. I'm a little in awe of my best friend - she's brilliant and scary, and also happens to be my boss. But I know there's no one she'd rather have at her back in a crisis than me, so I guess I must be doing okay at the friend thing.

2. What's your favorite drink?

a) Coffee. Real, strong, hot, black coffee. There's nothing like it in this world or any other and first thing in the morning, well, I would basically fight myself bloody to get to it.

b) Personally, I'm a big fan of champagne. Can't get enough of that bubbly, sparkly stuff!

c) Diet Pepsy. All the kick, none of the guilt.

3. Which is more important to you, money or power?

a) Everything in life is about power. Personal power to change your circumstances, to shape the world around you, to be the person you want to be. Money is one way to get it, I guess, but it's not the only way.

b) Oh I'd have to go for the money. wow, that sounds terrible, doesn't it? I don't mean that money is more important to me than anything, but when you've lived with nothing for most of your life, it starts to feel like it would be nice to have something. And money isn't evil by itself! I'd totally use it to, like, throw parties and buy nice things for my friends.

c) That's  hard one - I'd definitely love to have more of both. Sometimes it's hard   being low woman on the totem pole at work, and it would be cool to be able to buy whatever I want - but at the same time, I don't think I'd like all the added responsibility that comes with the package. Hmmm. Maybe, I'm happy just the way I am.

4. What's your idea of a perfect man?

a) Irish. Definitely Irish. Total sucker for that accent. Oh, and he's got to have blue eyes, too, and dark hair. And it would be good if he had an endless supply of patience, because I'm not going to make it easy for him. Did I mention the accent?

b) Artsy and creative, but big and strong, too. Someone who understands my need for color and life, but who can keep me grounded and calm.

c) Irish, blue eyes, dark hair, more money than God, frosty cars - ok, no. Truthfully? I guess I'd have to say lean ans wiry, with long hair, lots of earrings, and screaming hot fashion sense. A brain like a computer chip and a wicked sense of humor are also a plus.

5. Once you find your perfect man, what do you plan to do with him?

a) Panic? Try to run? Not really my style. I guess I'd have to say, stand and fight, and see where it takes us. If you'd asked me two years ago, I never would have said it would take us down the aisle and into marriage, but there you go.

b) I guess marriage is probably the normal answer, but normal answers don't usually work for me. I think I want to skip the whole ordinary life thing and go straight to starting our own, perfect, absolutely magolicious little love nest, complete with babe.

c) Um, have lots of wild monkey sex in slightly inappropriate places? And then once we get that out of the our systems, maybe cohabiting  would be a good next step. On second thought, let's never get the monkey sex out of our systems.
Filipa Moreno.

Offline fapmoreno

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
    • O Labirinto dos Livros
« Responder #22 em: Maio 09, 2011, 06:06:18 am »
Are you an Eve, a Peabody, or a Mavis? - Part 2

6. What would you do if you ever caught your guy cheating you?

a) You mean after I killed him?

b) You mean after I killed him?

c) You mean after I killed him?

7. How would you describe your style?

a) Don't you have anything better to do? This is getting annoying. Okay, fine. I like lots of black; makes it easier to get dressed in the dark. And leather jackets. And short hair. Happy now?

b) Oh, good one. I love this question! Let's see, I like silver spangles and bright red leggings and changing my hair color and ultra miniskirts and tall, tall heels and neon green swirls and ankle bracelets and gold tipped eyelashes and...

c) I'm kind of still experimenting with that. I like to try out different styles, but I'm basically to things that are fun ans splashy, but comfortable enough to be functional.

8. What's your idea of the perfect vacation?

a) Honestly, my favorite thing is just to be at home. I relax better with an old vid, a good bottle of wine, and maybe some tension-releasing sex in a heated pool than I ever would at some fancy resort.

b) Has to be someplace with a nightlife - clubs, dancing, maybe a crazy cocktail or two. I like to be around lots of people, all having a totally mag time!

c) Total fantasy for me is someplace ultra luxurious. You know, gorgeous scenery, maybe hot weather, and anything I want at the touch of a button. I see myself lying on a white, sandy beach being fanned with palm fronds, and maybe a half-naked guy fetching drinks with little umbrellas in them...

9.What are your feelings on having children?

a) Total black-out terror. So so so not ready to have a whole being growing in there, with its own hands ans feet and oh, man. Can we stop talking about this now? Ask me again in, like, ten years. Okay, maybe fifteen.

b) That is the serious ult. I'd love to be knocked up! It would make me feel totally in tune with love. Plus, I'd get to do a whole big belly painting thing, which is very uptown. 

c) I love kids, so this is totally a someday thing for me. I come from a pretty giant family, and I'm all about having that for myself down the line. But there's a lot to think about, a lot to consider. Plus, even with my touchy-feely Free-Ager background, I think I might prefer to get married first.

10. What's your biggest fear?

a) Weren't you listening? Having kids! Okay, maybe that's not the biggest, but it's up there. also on the creepy crawly list are heart-to-heart talks, green vegetables, and a chick coming at me with candy-smelling goo on her hands and that evil makeover glint in her eye. And I may have a slight fear of flying. If you ever repeat any of these answers, by the way, I will deny I ever said them. And then I'll kill you.

b) I stay pretty happy and smoothed out, so the only thing that really gets me revved up is the idea of something bad happening to one of my friends, or to my sweetie. 

c) Well, I have a pretty serious fear of getting injured - by stabbing, bomb, beating, take your pick. Been there, done that, would be thrilled never to repeat any of it.
Filipa Moreno.

Offline fapmoreno

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
    • O Labirinto dos Livros
« Responder #23 em: Maio 09, 2011, 21:23:14 pm »
Há uma cena neste livro que está super engraçada.
É quando a equipa da Eve está a entrar no helicóptero do Roarke a prepararem-se para irem para a Brookhollow College e entretanto, fazem-se umas apresentações.

" Cher Reo, APA - Assistant Prossecute Attorney", she said and offered Louise her hand.
"Louise Dimmato, MD - Medicine Doctor.
"Eve Dallas, AK. Ass-Kicker. " [...]

A Eve tem sempre umas coisas bem divertidas a dizer.  ;D
Filipa Moreno.

Offline sonia.cristina

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
« Responder #24 em: Maio 09, 2011, 22:28:07 pm »
Sou uma Eve.  :) Não é surpresa nenhuma, pois não?

Como é a caracterização delas as 3, Fap?

Offline fapmoreno

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
    • O Labirinto dos Livros
« Responder #25 em: Maio 09, 2011, 22:40:58 pm »
Answers:

Every (a) answer equals a point for Eve, every (b) answer is a point for Mavis, and every (c) answer is a point for Peabody.

If you answered (a) seven times or more, you are an Eve.
Strong and street-smart, you are not a people person, although you care deeply about a select few. You have a keen eye for human nature - a quality that makes you cynical, but also gives you the ability to sympathize greatly with others. Your first instinct in conflict is to fight, but you're smart enough to strategize whether that's the best way to win. Failure is not an option for you, and single-minded determination generally gets you what you're after.

If you answered (b) seven times or more, you are a Mavis.
You are unconventional and very creative, with a social streak a mile wide. A total extrovert, you get your biggest kick out of being around lots of people. You don't mind having an audience at all, but you don't have to be the center of attention all the time. You count people from all walks of life among your friends, and you tend to make friends wherever you go. Your talent and good luck have carried you far, and you never forget to be grateful for your life now.

If you answered (c) seven times or more, you are a Peabody.
Loyalty and duty are your strongest characteristics. You work hard to improve in your career and in your personal life, and you tend to beat yourself up about setbacks. You're good at balancing the different facets of your life and personality, and while you're ambitious, you are generally content to let things unfold at their own pace. The opinions of others matter to you, and while you're sometimes insecure, you know deep down that you're capable and smart. Family relationships and friendships are important to you, and you make friends easily because you're a good listener, and very compassionate.
Filipa Moreno.

Offline sonia.cristina

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
« Responder #26 em: Maio 09, 2011, 22:56:41 pm »
Achas que tens muito de Eve, Fap (dada a caracterização feita)?

Offline fapmoreno

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
    • O Labirinto dos Livros
« Responder #27 em: Maio 09, 2011, 23:01:21 pm »
Acho que tenho algumas - a determinação, o forte carácter. Também tenho um grupo muito restrito de amizades, embora não ache que me fecho propositadamente a outras relações.
Não me considero cínica e o meu primeiro instinto não é lutar, embora guarde rancor em algumas situações e fico à espera de uma oportunidade para "sair por cima".

Mas dadas as características, considero-me mais uma Peabody!

E tu, achas que tens muito da Eve?
Filipa Moreno.

Offline sonia.cristina

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
« Responder #28 em: Maio 09, 2011, 23:40:58 pm »
Também me identifico com as características da Peabody, mas, preto no branco, tenho mais de Eve. Para o bom e para o mau.

Offline fapmoreno

• Bibliófilo
    • Ver Perfil
    • O Labirinto dos Livros
« Responder #29 em: Maio 09, 2011, 23:49:55 pm »
Estou quase, quase a acabar o livro. Só me faltam 2 capítulos!
Filipa Moreno.

'SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines'
Based on imPulse2 design by BlocWeb